TIMES, TIME, AND HALF A TIME. A HISTORY OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM.

Comments on a cultural reality between past and future.

This blog describes Metatime in the Posthuman experience, drawn from Sir Isaac Newton's secret work on the future end of times, a tract in which he described Histories of Things to Come. His hidden papers on the occult were auctioned to two private buyers in 1936 at Sotheby's, but were not available for public research until the 1990s.



Thursday, August 1, 2013

Quote of the Day 1: Hire Your Own Spy Satellite


Image Source: Yahoo.

George Clooney spoke to the MSM on his foreign coffee ads and how he puts the proceeds toward spying on the Sudanese president:
“I’m trying to make movies in my life … that last longer than opening weekend," Clooney told Newsweek in 2012, explaining why he does these ads. "That’s it, that’s my whole goal. I don’t have to make money; I do films for scale and then, you know, I go do coffee commercials overseas, and I make a lot of money so I get to live in a nice house. … And I don’t give a sh-t. And people will go, ‘Oh that’s a sellout.’ And you know what? F--k you.”

While Stacy Keibler's ex may have made light of being called a "sellout," he's putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to spending what he earns. Many stars pocket their ridiculously large paychecks, but George — who appears in commercials for Nespresso — said he's spending the cash on a satellite aimed at Sudan.

"Most of the money I make on the [Nespresso] commercials I spend keeping a satellite over the border of North and South Sudan to keep an eye on Omar al-Bashir [the Sudanese dictator charged with war crimes at The Hague]," the Oscar winner said in Paris on Tuesday. "Then [Omar al-Bashir] puts out a statement saying that I'm spying on him and how would I like it if a camera was following me everywhere I went and I go 'Well, welcome to my life Mr. War Criminal.' I want the war criminal to have the same amount of attention that I get. I think that's fair."
Here is CNN's executive summary on Al-Bashir. Charged by the International Criminal Court for war crimes in Darfur in 2008, Al-Bashir was reelected as president of Sudan in April 2010. He fled Nigeria's capital on the afternoon of 15 July 2013 to dodge an international arrest warrant for genocide. The war in Darfur, which started in 2003 and is ongoing, has killed between 200,000 and 400,000 people; it arose out of Sudanese conflicts over regional religious differences which overlap with areas of oil wealth and oil's inevitable foreign interests. See further reports: here, here and here.

Map of Darfur within Sudan (2011). Image Source: Wiki.

Clooney's first Nespresso ad (2006). Video Source: Youtube.

Clooney advertises Nespresso (2007). Video Source: Youtube.

Clooney and Malkovich sell Nespresso (2009). Video Source: Youtube.

Clooney sells Nespresso (2012). Video Source: Youtube.

Talk to Al-Jazeera: Omar al-Bashir interviewed by Mohammed Adow (9 January 2011). Video Source: Youtube.

MEMRI TV translates foreign media: "Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir: 'We Want to Liberate Our Brothers in the South from Those Vermin' Al-Arabiya TV (Dubai/Saudi Arabia), Sudan TV - April 19-20, 2012." Video Source: Sudan TV via MEMRI TV via Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment